At Island Health your health and safety are our highest concerns. Because you deserve the best care and a positive experience when receiving health care, we are always looking at ways we can provide higher levels of quality and safety.
This is why Island Health is excited to announce IHealth, an initiative that will deliver a secure database that holds all of your medical information in one place. This means better, more efficient care for you! By having everything in one secure place, those providing care have access to everything they need to ensure you receive the right care at the right time.
How will this affect you?
By having all of your medical information in one secure database, you will notice improvements in your healthcare experience:
- You will no longer need to repeat your health information to different members of the health care team.
- All members of your healthcare team will have access to the same information concerning your care. This means that, by working with you, your health care team will be able to:
- Develop your care plan more efficiently.
- Get test results faster.
- Get you the medications you need, more quickly.
- You will have a greater role in planning your care. You will have one plan of care, which is
important for those with chronic or long-term conditions, as your health care team will have immediate access to your medical and care history.
- You will be provided with more information, increasing your understanding of what to expect with your care.
- You will have faster access to results.
- You will be able to make better-informed decisions in partnership with your healthcare team.
Remember – your information is safe! It is only accessible by those who need it to provide you with excellent care.