The following was sent on behalf of Ben Williams, Medical Director, Oceanside
to all Nanaimo Regional General Hospital, Oceanside Health Centre and Dufferin Place physicians and staff
We hope you are finding these quick updates helpful.
1. Geography 2 Strategy Event
Thanks to the clinical and physician leads who attended the Geography 2 Strategy Event on Wednesday. Hearing of the many things that are underway has encouraged us to extend our communications from IHealth to include other key activities important to our sites. More on this will be coming in the weeks ahead.
2. Revalidation Events
Thank you to all of the participants in the Revalidation Events this week, including Emergency Medicine, Surgery/Anaesthesia, Hospitalist Medicine and Family Medicine. We understand that due to patient care priorities we will need to do some catching up in Surgery.
Thanks to all who completed surveys – draft survey results from the first event are attached. We will be taking time next week to collate the things we heard and send it to the participants for their feedback.
Remember that more complete information regarding IHealth can be found on the website at: http://ihealth.islandhealth.ca/news-stories/ongoing-updates-cochrane-report/
On another note, for those of you who have met Dr. Theal on his visits to NRGH, this week he and the team at North York General Hospital received the Davies Award for the outcomes they have achieved using Cerner’s Computerized Provider Order Entry and Clinical Decision Support tools. Dr. Theal visited the Island just a couple of weeks ago to review IHealth and medication management. Congratulations, Dr. Theal!
4. Moving Forward
- Dr. Brendan Carr will once again be on site on Tuesday for meetings.
- The first meeting of the NRGH Site Quality Operations Committee will take place March 2, 2017. Our topic for discussion will be to establish shared understanding of ceasing to use CPOE tools and processes.
- You will notice that over time we will create more information hubs around Code Brew! Your feedback is appreciated.
- On Tuesday, February 28th – 1030 am to 4:30 pm – there will be a counsellor on site to support confidential debriefing for any staff. If you have any questions related to this, please contact Helga Longmore/Diana Aitken ext. 57601.
Have a wonderful weekend.
Dr. Ben Williams
Medical Director Oceanside