What's going live?
Numerous Island Health departments currently rely on the Provider Data Repository (PDR) for provider information such as contact details, admitting and clinical privileges, and specialties. Medical Affairs has been maintaining this data manually. The PDR is due to be retired in 2023.
The Provincial Health Services Authority has developed a Provider and Location Registry Consolidator (PLR-C), which pulls data from the following sources:
- The Provincial Provider and Location Registry (PLR), a trusted source of health care provider (e.g., physicians, pharmacists, nurses) information available to authorized users. This information is provided by organizations such as (but not limited to):
- College of Physicians and Surgeons of BC
- College of Pharmacists of BC
- Registered Nurses Association of BC
- Medical Services Plan of BC
- Provincial Health Services Authority
- Cactus, for admitting and clinical privileges.
The go-live date for replacing PDR with PLR-C has been set for 2023.
Benefits of switching from PDR to PLR-C
Using PLR-C will provide the following enhancements:
- Information will include data from nursing and allied health colleges in addition to physician colleges.
- Automatic feeds will reduce or eliminate the requirement for manual data entry, and simplify data maintenance.
- More detailed information will be visible, such as cell phone number and preferred email.
Getting to know PLR-C
No official training for PLR-C is required. Closer to the go-live time, a user guide will be made available. To learn more about PLR-C, we have provided the kick-off presentation PowerPoint.
- provider identifier
- provider status
- demographic details
- contact information (i.e., address, telephone, fax, email)
- provider credentials
- provider expertise
- work locations
- provider relationships
Milestones to go-live
Support for PLR-C
Our usual Clinical Service Desk support line will provide support for PLR-C:
18777 (stay on the line for assistance)
As well, for two weeks after launch, the project team will be meeting daily with stakeholders. Leaders from departments switching to PLR-C will be invited to the meeting, particularly if there are issues pertaining to their work.
For questions regarding the replacement of PDR of PLR-C, please contact the following people:
- Ben Kason, Interim Director, HIM Operations, Health Information Management: email@example.com
- Bindy Bains, Director, Health Information Management: firstname.lastname@example.org
Theresa Weicker, Project Analyst: email@example.com