What's going live?
Numerous Island Health departments currently rely on the Provider Data Repository (PDR) for provider information such as contact details, admitting and clinical privileges, and specialties. Medical Affairs has been maintaining this data manually.
The Provincial Health Services Authority has developed a Provider and Location Registry Consolidator (PLR-C), which pulls data from the following sources:
- The Provincial Provider and Location Registry (PLR), a trusted source of health care provider (e.g., physicians, pharmacists, nurses) information available to authorized users. This information is provided by organizations such as (but not limited to):
- College of Physicians and Surgeons of British Columbia
- British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives
- BC College of Oral Health Professionals
- College of Optometrists of British Columbia
- College of Pharmacists of British Columbia
- Cactus, for admitting and clinical privileges.
The go-live date for replacing the PDR web component with PLR-C is coming soon!
Benefits of switching from PDR to PLR-C
Using PLR-C will provide the following enhancements:
- Information will include data from nursing colleges in addition to physician colleges.
- Automatic feeds will reduce or eliminate the requirement for manual data entry, and simplify data maintenance.
- More detailed information will be visible.
Getting to know PLR-C
No official training for PLR-C is required. A guide, “Using Provider and Location Registry Consolidator“, is available on the Cerner Wiki.
Information available through the PLR-C includes the following:
- provider identifier
- provider status
- demographic details
- contact information (i.e., address, telephone, fax, email)
- provider credentials
- provider expertise
- work locations
More information about the PLR, including frequently asked questions, is available on the Ministry of Health web page.
Support for PLR-C
Our usual Clinical Service Desk support line will provide support for PLR-C:
18777 (Option 3)
As well, for two weeks after launch, the project team will be meeting daily with affected groups. Leaders from departments switching to PLR-C will be invited to the meeting, particularly if there are issues pertaining to their work.
For questions regarding the replacement of PDR of PLR-C, please contact HIM.PLRC@islandhealth.ca